Friday, September 05, 2008

Lunch

Another first for today, made lunch for me and Dad. Went through the fridge last night to see what my Ma had bought and theres still 3 dayas worth of food. It was a really emotional experience cause Ma was such a good cook and I will miss er food so much. But I can whip up a thing or two still, so I decided that today's lunch will be Teochew Style Steamed Garoupa and Stir Fried Kailan with XO. The Kailan is done and its more or less like what we used to have hyak hyak and the Garoupa is steaming away. Its really gratifying to cook a real homecooked meal, not just those fancy ang mo dishes and to remember Ma's cooking, something we always took for granted. I remarked to Dad that Ma was so efficient and she could def do t in half the time we took bumbling around the kitchen haha, but hey shes got 30 years of experience and theres always a start.

Gonna head down after lunch and heard from a friend who went down this morning that Ma responds by tearing and thats really a good sign. Prayed over breakfast with Dad and we read Phil 4:6-7 and the verse really does take on a fresh and new meaning.

No comments: