Thursday, September 04, 2008

Progress!

It was an eventful and beautiful day. The witnessing of the outpouring of love and support from everyone was overwhelming. Wanna say a big thank you to everyone who's lent their support, Pron, Jean, Max & Jac, Joey, Joel, Hann, Wendy, Joy, Serene, CS & Es, Suhui, Collin, Cher, Kenneth and so many more. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

Me and Dad have instituted a new practice which I wanna make sure it becomes a habit. Before we leave for the hospital and after we return at the end of the day, we hug and take turns to pray. In the morning we pray for the day and in the evening we give thanks and pray for rest. Its a time of communion, bonding and release as we weep and rejoice all in that short span of time.

Been able to talk abit about God to my relatives, sharing with them my source of joy, peace and strength to help them see that God is indeed real and that there's so much worth living for. I can see His hand in different ways, from the doc who said "your prayers worked" to the people who just came by and the acts of kindness done.

Read abit from Phillip Yancey's book - Prayer. Gleaned quite a fresh perspective on praying for healing. While God does heal supernaturally, most people tend to recover through the body's natural means of healing and that in itself is a miracle. So while I do believe and hope that God can heal her instantaneously and she can walk out, I know that chances are she might recover slowly and after a few years of therapy to regain her abilities if possible. So it is with this that I approach God, knowing that His will is not for my mom to remain afflicted, but understanding He has His ways of healing.

So now onto the title of my post. Though Ma is still unconscious, the signs have been improving steadily over the course of the day. This morning she was still unresponsive, but towards the evening, her tongue and mouth is able to move a little and Dad says her eyeballs can roll under her eyelids. We went to Audio House this afternoon and I bought her a really cool music player cause you can plug a thumbdrive into it and it plays the songs from there. Like how pro la! So I ripped some of her favourite CDs like Christmas carols and all and just loaded it up for her :) so sweet right ahaha.

So the day's ending on a high and I'm having faith in God that He will deliver our Family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep the works you are doing. You are welcome to share your thought with my fans and me at my blog www.ukoba.wordpress.com or www.ukoba.blogspot.com or we can share link.

Kudos