Wednesday, May 28, 2008

APIC Part III: Salmon Overload

Never have I eaten so much salmon in such a short span. Had salmon yesterday for lunch and dinner, as well as breakfast and lunch today. Eating in the hotel is really rich. I've also been drinking only mineral water and I'm getting really sick of all these foods. Its only a few more hours before I can leave this hotel and go back to my normal life - a simple one at that.

Morning was a little exciting as we were looking for a big shot who missed his meeting. Other than that the meetings ran like clockwork. I'm really drained right now and I'm so tired. I've got another telecon tonight and a dinner tomorrow.

One good thing that came out of this was that I saw how business was conducted and it was an eye opener. I mean at times it does look a little comical, especially with the japs who keep bowing haha. A sales and marketing job really does look glamorous, good food, entertainment and travel, but on closer examination, it really is tough and draining. One doesn't see the preparation and work after a night of wining and dining, and not to mention the "fake" nature of such business engagements and relationships. At times the whole thing seems like a charade and can be really contrived at times. Well i'm not sure how things will work out in future and what career path i'll take, i suppose as God leads then.

No comments: