Monday, December 10, 2007

Growing

The first day of Rhema has concluded and the games have been pretty well received. The Jump Upz station was a real hit and scrabble turned out surprisingly well too. but more than the programs, I think I've grown in my understanding and experience of God over the last few days. Pastor Lim and Pastor Andy happened to share about the same thing - God's will and purpose for our lives. Essentially, Ephesians 2:10 says we are actually God's masterpieces and that he has actually made us so wonderfully because he has a laid out a plan for us to accomplish, however, whether we choose to do so is entirely up to us. It kinda blows your mind. To think God has it all worked out for us and He wants to use us to accomplish things, if only we were willing. It really makes me evaluate the actions of my life, in knowing that I have this purpose or destiny, I really need to be careful on how i spend this life. At the end im not gonna be judged according to how much I do or accomplish, rather its whether ive fulfilled the plan God has laid out before me. Have I been faithful? Did i run the race well? These questions truly lend a different perspective to the way life should be lived.

Its as though God is beginning to shave away the stuff thats unimportant - the trivial pursuits. Bit by bit, Hes focusing me into a point, shaping and moulding me. Been struggling alot recently and ive grown a fair bit. I must say that God has helped me develop a heart of love and compassion for others, something i never had before. Hes stripping away the character flaws, the rebelliousness, the impurity, the nonchalance. Hes transforming my life to be more and more like Christ. Sometimes after doing something stupid im convicted and i feel incredibly discourage as to why i cant seem to get things right over and over again. But im reminded its a process and im taking it step by step. Theres so much I wish i could change within me and i've always wished that God would change me instantly, but thats not really His style.

I am truly humbled and I am in awe of You. hallelujah.

No comments: