Sunday, May 15, 2011

Listening to the Holy Spirit

Its something I'd like to remember and share so this will help break the long silence on this blog and to figuratively blow the dust of the covers haha.


I was led to read more about the person of the Holy Spirit this morning and it was a good time of adding knowledge to all my experiences garnered from growing up in a Pentecostal Church. Was reminded that the Holy Spirit dwells within each believer at conversion and is our source of power and the gifts that we use to minister to one another. Less clear was whether there was one or two separate baptisms. I'm still on the fence, as my personal experience has been one of continual growth in how the Holy Spirit worked in my life and there wasn't a definitive baptism or moment. But what is clear is that the Holy Spirit is in us and we need to be sensitive to Him, to obey Him and to depend on His power for victory over each day's struggles.

So when I was at youth service and it was towards the end of the altar call, I felt His familiar voice directing me to pray for one of the youths whom I didn't know. Somehow I found myself trying to rationalise the prompting away, like "he looks fine, sure don't need to pray for him one la." along that line haha. And so the moment came and went and service was over like that and I missed that opportunity. Ironic that the last point of the service was on radical faith haha.

So it is with great regret that I mark today's experience and to ask the Holy Spirit for forgiveness and to renew my faith in Him and to obey His commands, no matter how I see the situation. I want to submit my will to His leading and to live life in the Supernatural, to ditch normal. May I never quench the Holy Spirit's leading again, help me God.

No comments: