Monday, May 16, 2011

God is Mad

Today I exprienced a newfound appreciation of the depth of love God has for me. His love overwhelms me and makes me want to run to Him and trust Him with my whole life, I guess the term to use is worship.

I was meditating on the Law that God gave the world through Israel, to define for the world what righteousness looked like and to live by God's wisdom and understanding for an abundant life. Similarly, because of the Law, we now know what sin is and we see the justice of God in requiring a punishment for sin. This is only right and just.

Then I wondered hey shouldn't I be the one to pay the penalty for my mistakes? I couldn't didn't live up to the true measure of what is right and good. God could have judged me for who I was and He would be deemed a perfect and just judge.

Then it hit me that my God loves me. He LOVES me. He created me for His pleasure, not as a higher being creating toys for pleasure, but He created us to lavish His LOVE us, to allow us to enjoy Him and to find absolute abandonment and joy in loving Him. Wow! What a privilege I have.

I know this may seem a rehash of the stuff we Christians have drilled with from day 1 and have been told to tell our friends about, but that would be like eating Chilli Crab cup noodles compared to eating the very best chilli crab with deep fried mantou. Wheet! They're world's apart.

Being able to just experience this bit of the awesomeness of the love of God just causes my heart to pound a little faster, my spirit to leap for joy and my mind to just give up trying to make sense of why a God would want to have anything to do with me, more so to suffer for my own stupidity. I think we can all conclude he is mad. Madly in love with you and me.

No comments: