Monday, February 22, 2010

Leadership

Life is busy with work, home, wedding prep, night OT survey class, dates, ministry and meeting people. I've had to cut out gaming to make time. But I'm still finding it a challenge to spend quality time in God's presence. Busy-ness really kills and I am reminded even as I type that I had set out to grow deep this year. Find that the months have come and gone, and soon i'll be married and half the year would have flown by too. Surreal.


Wanna share the stuff i've learnt of late on leadership, though in points cause my mind is just too weary and i'll just type and frame it as I go haha:

Vision is the lifeblood of leadership, it give direction, conviction and passion. Communication helps the leader secure the buy in and commitment of his followers to the vision. However above all, love is the key. It stirs men from deep within and makes them own the cause and give all they've got for it.

That I believe is what most companies lack these days - leaders who love others before themselves and it explains the dismal state that most companies are in. Money, promotions and perks are all extrinsic motivators and are incapable of galvanizing men to give their very best for a cause. The government announced the budget today on increasing training to raise productivity, however, if employers cared a little more, I think it would go a much longer way at improving the motivation and thus productivity of the employee. When a worker feels loved, valued and esteemed, ideally, he will be motivated to work harder.

I think Christ really modeled true leadership - that God chose to become a lowly man, to atone for men's sins and to reconcile us to himself and is thus demonstrated God's perfect love. In the same way, as I am placed in positions of leadership, I am reminded of God's example. That I need to lead by loving my followers so that they may rise to greatness.

No comments: