Monday, April 13, 2009

Soul Satisfaction

I've been struggling alot for the past few weeks with finding my sole satisfaction in Christ alone. For most parts I've acknowledged this fact cognitively, yet I find it so hard to really come to God for satisfaction, most often choosing to find pleasure in food, games, activities, accomplishments etc. It's a battle that is most wearisome but yet I know I must persevere, for all other pleasure have proved illusory and less than satisfying. 


Over this weekend, hearing Bonke and Ronald speak, I marvel at the message of the gospel at its simplicity and foolishness to the world. The gospel just states that I am a sinner from birth and in my present course I am unable to do any good because I am trapped in my sinful (Romans 3:23) and wreteched state and am on a course bound for destruction (Romans 6:23). But God so loved the world (John 3:16) and wants all men to be saved (1 Tim 2:4-5) that He sent Jesus to die as punishment for our sins to fulfil His righteous requirement (Rom 3:25). Now that the act of atonement is finished, whoever believes in Him, dies like Christ to the sinful nature and is raised to a new life in Christ (Rom 6:4). Our nature is changed from sinful to righteous (Rom 8:9-11). So now when we sin, it is an anomaly rather than the norm and we are in the process of being transformed from glory to glory all the while hoping and awaiting the final day when we are glorified with Him (Rom 8:23-25). What a privilege and blessing to be able to share in this life with Christ!

Help me Lord to share your gospel and let not fear or shame deter me.

No comments: