Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Means to the End

Through this season of dryness when God seems far away and prayer and reading the Word seem so burdensome, I've realised that the primary goal in life is really knowing God; having that deep personal relationship with Him that transcends emotions and circumstances. To really "ah-ka-liao" with Him, that even if He seems silent I'll know wats on His heart or to obey Him faithfully when everything else within me seeks to rebel. 


Life really isn't about doing QT, ministry, cell, per se and all these can turn into a performance which we excel so well at. These are but means to the end. I've kinda focused on making sure I check these boxes off in my sojourn in the desert that I've missed the point- that it really isn't about doing all these, but seeking Him out (or Him seeking us).

It's indeed liberating.

No comments: