Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Global Economy

Started on my exercise regime today and swum 20 laps this morning, after a 4 year haitus from the water. It was painful haha but i thoroughly enjoyed it. Went to the Delta pool and the place hasn't changed mush since the day I learnt to swim there when I was a kid. Brought back memories haha.


Spent a good deal of time this afternoon, surfing the web to find resources to understand the global economy and what's happening with the current situation. Got quite a few good sites and my current shopping cart stands at over US$200 haha, enough to last me a few months of good reading. Got a book on the economic crisis, 3 books on the oil industry, E.M Bound's works on prayer and a biography of George Mueller :) Also starting to read up on an old  International Economics text book (didnt realise it was by Paul Krugman lol).

Realised at the end of the day that I do have a knack for this business thing and i think its really a gift. I've got this ability/desire to see the macro picture and the cause and effect relationships at play. But as I was praying I realised that I have the choice to pursue it for personal gain and glory or to do so with the aim of glorifying GOd and extending His dominion and influence into redeeming this area of our fallen world. It is always a reminder to not get sucked in and to constanly hide myself in Him and remember the giver of the gifts and worship Him rather than the gifts or myself. Sobering indeed.

No comments: