Monday, February 02, 2009

Beauty in Diversity

I'm glad I did not go to AGBC for my Theological education. Today I was exposed to a differing view on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit and a challenge to my entire Pentacostal belief system. I love it! 


It forces me to take a step back and think about what I believe in and its time for some serious study of scripture. I've been sitting at my comp for the last hour or so delving into the arguments from both camps and it sure is interesting. 

I'm approaching it with an open mind, as much as possible and both sides do have convincing arguments and it all boils down to interpretation of scripture really at the end of the day. I'm not done yet, but I'm still unconvinced that there is no additional Baptism of the Holy Spirit after salvation and that tongues are not to be sought or that not all will have it. But I'll continue to read, pray and ponder on this marvelous topic.

Wow I feel my mind expanding and my faith growing even as I learn more and more and truly it is such a blessing. Now only that I may be humble and know that it is God who reveals and instructs haha. Awesome.

If you want to find out more about the Pentacostal view on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, heres a good link.

No comments: