Saturday, September 06, 2008

Sustenance

Why do you say, O Jacob,
and complain, O Israel,
"My way is hidden from the LORD;
my cause is disregarded by my God"?

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Today is area cleaning day, and we cleaned the house, did the laundry and cooked lunch. We talked briefly about the future and our work and Ma. There'll probably be alot of adjustements especially during the first 3 months with daily therapy. Most of the recovery takes place within the first year, so I might even consider taking an extended leave of absence or quit my work. Dad also raised the point that the longer Ma takes to wake, the slimmer her chances are for recovery. Guess thats a real fear on my side, but I'm just gonna take each phase at a time and now its just waiting for her to wake. Each new day without her waking does exact its toil without any good news to lift our spirits and respond to the enquiries.

But I've learnt to give thanks for the little things, like the weather, having Dad around, for Ma's little movements and all. Saying grace over breakfast really hit home and now I truly understand the concept of grace and how I've always taken grace somewhat for granted. Life has slowed and my schedule is predictable, but with Christ in the vessel I can smile at the storm :)

No comments: