Sunday, August 03, 2008

Loving Others

Just back from a day of spending time with various friends. Met Chan Hong, Sam and Hoho for breakfast, then Matt and finally my CMs over lunch.

I thank God that He has in some way changed the core of who I am. Left the house this morning looking forward to meeting all of em and as I reflected, I do not think the old me would have actually liked it. I used to think I was an introvert and would rather keep to myself than be with people and that it was just the way I am; I simply wasn't a people person. It was such a lie and I bought into it. I've come to realise that in fact, its all about people. His heart beats for us and so must mine.

God has been challenging me to love and care for people, and I guess the journey took off at May's PnP, as I was seeking God, Pastor CX prayed that God might grant me love and compassion, an area Ive struggled with for so long. Henceforth, bit by bit I noticed God was changing the way I dealt with people. They were no longer the means to accomplish my ends or to be compartmentalised into useful and useless, but that I was to love and reach out to.

As I reflect on the conversations I had today, I believe God used me to make a difference in their lives as well as to bless mine. Its really wonderful to know that we are moving from glory to glory day by day.

No comments: