Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Marked Difference

Its been a week marked with joy and it has made all the difference. As I yield in submission to walk in the will of God, Paul's exhortation that we are more than conquerers rings so true. Been reading Romans and every verse and chapters hits me with wave after wave of revelation. The doctrines of justification and slavation, the abundant grace of God, the freedom in Christ and all just overwhelm me like never before.

For the longest time Ive felt that Ive learnt all there is to the Word, since growing up in Sunday School. Not that I know everything, but that desire to learn and the fresh revelation all but ceased. So this has really a breath of fresh air as scripture nourishes and fortifies my inner man. I haven't been this excited about the Word for the longest time.

Been learning alot about myself and how deep within there exists alot of pride and the desire to demonstrate my capabilities. I'm practicsing reticence and making a concious effort to be meek and not react in the way that would be so natural to me and I kinda understand why Paul says there really isn't anything good within him.

Sunday was really cool seeing my boys respond to the altar call. CMs and I have been feeling rather exasperated at their lack of enthusiasm and passion. But what no man can do, God can and I'm reminded of the importance of praying for my sheep.

Tommorrow I embark on my expedition (ok la not so big deal) to ascend Mount Kinabalu. I'm awfully excited but I'm sure halfway up i'll wonder why I took leave and spent money to torture myself haha. Hope it'll be a good trip to share my life with Collin and Rohit and thats something I'm looking forward to. I am not ashamed of the Gospel hahaha!

No comments: