Saturday, May 03, 2008

Woe to Me

Many things have happened since the last post. For one this blog turned ONE on the 25th last month haha. Its been great reading and looking back, and it has surely fulfilled its purpose to chronicle life and God at work.

Its been a long dry spiel and it was finally broken last night at PnP and I was glad I went. Something was different, a kind of stirring, an undercurrent was forming. Could this be the foment of a revival in the making, who knows? The message was on passion, centered on the 3 fold revelation of Isaiah in chapter 6. From his encounter with the living God, Isaiah was changed and it affected his walk, outlook and ministry. When the altar call was given, so many responded on bended knees, a cry of the spiritually hungry for more of God.

The key to a intimate relationship with God is "vision and passion under girded by prayer". It is a challenge to enter his presence, to meet Him at the gate each new day, to renew vision and to stir passion within. Everything sets out to prevent this and it takes an inordinate amount of effort to effect a meeting with the Lord. But when I met God last night I cried as Isaiah did "Woe to me... for I am man of unclean lips..." and the abject depravity and repulsiveness of my inner man became apparent and I knew I could never live apart from Him and I had been so foolish, like an obstinate child bent on his own way. The rest of the night was of renewing the vision once more and empowerment by the Spirit.

I woke this morning with a feeling I haven't felt in ages - that God is with me. It makes all the difference. From weeks of living in dread and fear of the challenges the next day might bring, today felt like victory, like nothing could overwhelm me because my God was with me and it fills me with so much joy.


Had the guys ministry, our 3rd one, after PnP. Joel, Joesph, Corn, Jason and David were in attendance and the venue was Popeye's at T1, where we were satisfied with fried chicken and a mountain of fries and biscuits. At the end there was still a biscuit and a half and I decided to play the number guessing game and we broke the biscuits up into about7 chunks and drenched them in coke, coleslaw, ketchup, chilli and jam. The final tally was 2 each for Joseph, Corn and David, 1 for me and none for Joel. Joseph having to eat the last one got an especially big and gross piece. Will try to post the pic when i get it hahaha. So we settled out vision for this ministry that night and essentially its to see the guys coming into an intimate relationship with God. So it's gonna be exciting as we move ahead to realise something thats been on our hearts for awhile. We want to be sensitive to what God is doing and to move as He does. Pray with us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow,so niceeee!! Thanks for sharing!