Tuesday, May 27, 2008

APIC Part I

Got roped in to help out with the Aisa Petrochemical Industry Conference, a rather big petrochemical conference held here at Swissotel Stamford. So I'm playing the role of meeting coordinator and my job entails getting the meeting rooms and suites(more on this later) ready for use and ushering hosts and guests to their respective meeting venues.

It really is alot of sitting around and waiting for things to happnen once every hour when the meetings end and begin. Other than that, I'm just hanging around the Introbar with nothing much ado. The VPN to office is down and the free wireless from Raffles City just doesn't facillitate work. Plus I'm zonked from getting here in the wee hours of the morning, and I had too much coffee and too little breakfast giving me gastric and a queasy stomach bleah.

Now to the fun part - the perks! Lunch is free at the Equinox and we theres a great spread and an awesome view to match. Ony rpoblem is we have only 30 mins to eat and get back down to the Introbar reception to be on standby again. We're also using suites as meeting rooms, so at night, there isn't anyone using it. As such I'm planning to stay over tonight with a nice suite all to myself haha. The view is awesome!! The minibar is free and the toiletries are from Bulgari!! I'm so looking forward to it haha. Blog more about it tonight in the room.

So the afternoon is going by a tad bit slowly and all the meetings are slated to end around 6. We're gonna then head up to the New Asia bar to help out in a cocktail reception till ten. Its gonna be a long day and I'm running on caffiene and adrenaline. So till later, ciao.

2 comments:

Imago Dei said...

it's bvlgari bro, not bulgari although i think it's pronounced with a "u". go buy some antacid for the gastric! i now consume an average of 2-3 antacids per day!

lionel said...

haha bvlgari yeah haha. atas man.