Wednesday, March 26, 2008

On a Telecon

Its eight and I've finished a good dinner at home, been eating out too much haha. Home cooked food does taste good. Waiting for the rest of the participants to call in from Houston and Rotterdam. Guess the plus of working in an MNC is the exposure, but that also means working from home at these hours and taking a good chunk of my social time haha. Well I'd probably just head in later tmr as usual haha.

It has been a good week thus far, not that work still isn't mundane. Was feeling rather drained and frustrated for the last few weeks cause I've been struggling quite abit with my purpose and direction in life. Also I was feeling rather distant from God for no rhyme or reason. So these couple of things were wearing me thin.

I realised also that I hadn't been listening much to God and had been talking incessantly because I was afraid to quieten down for fear that I wouldn't be able to hear Him speak and get a deathly silence. I guess talking was within my control, listening was not haha. So I had to yield and let God speak again and to just humbly listen. And it was refreshing just to hear God speak again and to feel His presence around. It did wonders for my soul and refreshed my weary spirit through and through.

So from this, I managed to regain my vision and perspective and now daily I'm striving to honour and glorify God in the littlest of things. Also Ive been watching my words to quit complaining and start praising and worshiping haha. Its really turned my days around and really experience God's joy lifting me up.

Haha the telecon has ended and I'm free for the rest of the night. Woot!

No comments: