Thursday, March 27, 2008

Blown Away

Well many of my peers have been to Hillsongs and raved about it bt I somehow was never convinced. I thought well they put up a good show it was jsut another conference so yeah. Furthermore, I'm in the Rhema comm and ive shared this a number of times that i still miss camps. And I've never been completely sold on the idea of a conference. Tonight, marks a turning point.

David happened to send me a link to the opening of the Hillsongs Conference 2007 and when I watched it I was blown away. I've probably replayed it like 50 times and even as I'm typing its still playing haha. I guess AWESOME kinda sums up my reaction.





The first few times I watched it I was like yeah its a really nice show. But it dawned on me that hey it had an impact on me. It made me sense the majesty and awesome power of God as I watched it and stirred something within me. As David and I talked, we rubbed off our enthusiasm on each other and really theres so much synergy flowing for Rhema.

I guess at the end of the day I wanna be part of something that will leave an impact on the participants. Not that we may say we did the best Rhema Conference to date, but that we glorified God! That we will strive to exceed and surpass what we would ormally do, to create a conference on a scale never seen before, but still within our capabilities, to worship God, much like what Solomon did with God's temple. I hope that it'll allow every participant to be stunned and awed into realising theres something more to their current existence. there is a God that loves them and a faith worth being passionate about.

Even as the comm works, i hope you will lift us up in your prayers, that we wont just do the work to make a big conference, but that people will see how BIG our god is. truly then we would have done well. Im excited, and passionate, and it will be a long journey, but I know it will be a fruitful one if we stick to this vision. Whooo hooo!

No comments: