Thursday, March 06, 2008

After 2.5 Pratas & Teh

Back from a good supper after GLI and I'm mighty full and awake. I won't be sleeping anytime soon, so i'll prob blog and play a little. Tomorrow i've decided to work from home cause this week's been a lull and its awfully dull, weather included.

Lately I've been kinda under-challenged at work. I've also been whining alot about how I'm not suited for the job and how boring and how undynamic(if theres such a word) it is. I remember the days of consulting at PwC with tight deadlines and tons of research and synthesis and I miss it now and then. But was challenged today that even in the mundane, I can practice seeking God's presence. To give glory to God even in doing the little things, and to be a bright and salty witness for Him. Its something I'll continually struggle with cause I need strong motivations for the things I do and if I dont have any interest in it, I'll switch off completely.

Given how free I've been, its ironic that when I've got the most time, I do not use it wisely. I hardly make time for God and most of it is spent in frivolous pursuits. I'm reminded of stewardship and how we're called to account for the resources, including time, that God has entrusted us with. Sad to say, I haven't done too well lately. I guess at the end of it all, it all boils down to living a disciplined life and its something I'll train for.

Finally ending off, God is good all the time and all the time God is good. Things are bittersweet right now and I'm needing to find solace in God alone.

No comments: