Saturday, March 08, 2008

007 Aspirations

Came across this position in the Straits Times today. Essentially its the Singapore Intelligence Directorate hiring. Its Singapore's equivalent to the MI6 and CIA. Well I attended their career talk way back in October last year and I was rather intrigued. Looking at the job responsibilities and requiremnts, it really intersts and suits me. The only drawback is that its a government job and I'll have to give up my cushy job in Shell.


Ministry of Defence
We are a civilian organisation under Mindef that is rapidly expanding into newly emerging fields. Our work is vital to the safeguarding of Singapore's national interests and effective decision making. We seek change-oriented individuals with the drive and vision to join our team in shaping and directing our operations.

Responsibilities:
  • Actively conduct research to seek new information sources.
  • Assess, select, interpret and analyse information.
  • Prepare timely, accurate and objective reports to facilitate critical missions and projects.

Requirements:
  • A degree in Arts, Social Sciences, Communications Studies or Science.
  • Acute awareness and interest in regional and international current affairs.
  • Strategic and conceptual thinking, with a sharp eye for details, and a natural curiosity for behind-the-scenes workings.
  • A flair for learning regional languages will be advantageous.


Come to think of it I'm paid heaps right now, get to go back early, and why am I still unsatisfied? I guess at the end of the day its the nature of the work. Do I really want to be stuck in Finance for the rest of my life? This is a real conundrum man! Well I'll send in my application and see what'll transpire from all this. Haha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw man lionel if you join such a job then it'll be hard to have a good talk with you since you have to keep everything about your job confidential and it's going to be like very "into" your personal life, yknow, like maybe they put some tracking device on you...

Imago Dei said...

talked to one of the intel officers at the networking session. he was telling me tt they pay "top dollar". u have option to be the field agent or the deskbound one. and tt u have to lurrrrrve current affairs.