Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Eve at Sam's

1

Its 0110 on Christmas morning and of the party present today, only Hoho, Small Josh, Gab are left, of course with Sam and Cheryl. It was a day of games with Sam pulling out his board games (he got a new Powergrid for Christmas) including Cash and Guns and Corasonne. We later played a drinking game (just water but lots of it) and it was incredibly torturing. Dinner was graciously provided by Sam's floks with 4 large pizzas from Sarapino's and finger food. The highlight of the day, for the guys at least was hide and seek and POW. it was a good chance to get out and play old time low tech games. Hoho and small Josh aced the hide and seek by hiding in the guard house of all places!l. For POW, the POWs had to evade capture and make it safely from one end of the estate to a safe end point while avoiding ambush by the "wardens". It was a uber fun time and a throwback to the simpler games of old. I really miss those old massive wargames we used to have at camps and games were played with brain, sweat and blood.


On the whole it was a good time to bond with the younger ones and get to know them better. I really appreciate these times as i dunno how many more opportunities i'll have once work starts.
It also reminds me of God's providence as I never really felt my calling to the youth and just grew into it. Though i feel really old at times, I wouldnt trade anything for times such as these, to just be able to connect and have fellowship. I really hope the generation of Sam, Chan Hong, Edith, Joanna, Cheryl, Toh, Caleb,David, Keith, Small Josh and all, stay together and grow to become men and women of God, serving and impacting the lives of the ones after em. Theres so much potential in this batch and I pray that they will puruse God with all they have.



4 comments:

Gabriel Wu said...

it's sheryl :)

Anonymous said...

hey, its really encouraging for me to read abt wat you are doing with these youths, esp the brothers. i always believe tat is so lacking in our church. our youths do need real, godly older christians to impart into their lives n walk with them. keep up the good work!
p/s: thanks for the christmas card; it was featured in our blog, go chk it out!
love, ervina

Anonymous said...

hey, relevant to this blog entry, i came across this poem which i'd like to share with you...ervina

I'd Rather See A Sermon
(Edgar A. Guest)

I'd rather see a sermon
than hear one any day;
I'd rather one should walk with me
than merely tell the way.
The eye's a better pupil
and more willing than the ear,
Fine counsel is confusing,
but example's always clear;
And the best of all preachers
are the men who live their creeds,
For to see good put in action
is what everybody needs.
I soon can learn to do it
if you'll let me see it done;
I can watch your hands in action,
but your tongue too fast may run.
And the lecture you deliver
may be very wise and true,
But I'd rather get my lessons
by observing what you do;
For I might misunderstand you
and the high advice you give,
But there's no misunderstanding
how you act and how you live.

lionel said...

aye so it is haha