Monday, May 21, 2007

Rescue Me

I am overwhelmed. I want to run away, far far away.

"I need You Jesus, come to my rescue, where else can i go. There's no other name by, which i am saved. Capture me with grace, I will follow You."

Im facing my toughest test since i started work and its all because of people. Can one be selfless in the midst of self centeredness? How far can one allow others to take advantage of kindness without responding in kind? What should my response be to such circumstances? I want to grab them by their collars and plummet them to the ground and wring their necks till they gasp for want of air. That is my human nature screaming.

But the still small voice of the Spirit calls out, and I am now faced with a choice, to pause or allow the loud cry of my desires to drown Him out. To wage a war of attrition, with my oppressors or to yield in meekness. I am in a conundrum.

But i know what i need to do. I need to kneel in submission before my Lord and acknowledge my helplessness with this current situation. I need strength greater than mine. I need my character to be restrained and molded into His likeness.

"I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out . . . You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u realise each time we make a stand for God, there'd be a drawback waiting ahead? i hate those moments of sinking downwards and i always feel so afraid of them too, but i've been reading 1samuel recently concerning david's kingship...the process leading up to it, and i realise he went thru a total load of real hard times soon after he was anointed king by God!
Stand strong for God and grip so hard for ur dear (spiritual) life tho satan's firm about pulling u away. But remember, God has ALREADY won for u, bro. You are MORE than a conqueror in Christ Jesus. Don't forget your royal priesthood-ity. :)

See you in less than 24!
Chompchompchomp...ahahaha ;D

-ROTBHS-
*the craziest one*