Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Overwhelmed

Have you ever felt so tired but you just didnt want to sleep because your day felt so empty and unaccomplished that sleeping would put an end to what you could do to change that meaningless day? Have you felt so busy that when you pause and reflect, you wonder what all that rush was about? Have you woken up at the start of the day and felt a sense of overwhelming pain and anguish that threatens to mar your day ahead? These are just some the of experiences that have been dogging me all this while.

But through all this, I am overwhelmed by the Lord's steadfast love. Ive kinda established a routine now, cause the attempt to commune with God at home was just not working out cause it was a rush and all. Now i usually reach office a tad half hour earlier than everyone else and its nice, empty and quiet. Its then i pop up my iTunes and worship and pray. This week with all my burdens, all im doing is just coming before God and plonking all of me down and moan about how miserable my life is haha, and i begin to enter into His sweet presence and gain my strength and perspective for the day.

This week has just picked up and the project im working on refuses to die and go away. The client wasnt really happy with our objective but pessimistic assessment of the oil industry going forward, hence we have to reowork the report and dress it up haha. OTed last night and im prepared to do the same today. The difference between this week and the last is that of focus. Last week i was focused on doing a great report but i guess through the quiet times, ive been able to refocus on God and the work can wait and i trust by faith that somehow if i put God first, that it will workout somehow. So im gonna guard my 8am time really zealously as its where i find my purpose and strength.

I heard this old song a few weeks back and its been ministering to me ever since.

Holiness
Sonicflood

Holiness, holiness is what I long for
Holiness, is what I need
Holiness, holiness is what
Youwant from me

Holiness, holiness is what I long for
Holiness, is what I need
Holiness, holiness is what Youwant from me

So, take my heart and form it
Take my mind and transform it
Take my will and conform it
To Yours, to Yours, oh, Lord

Faithfulness, faithfulness is what I long for
Faithfulness, is what I need
Faithfulness, faithfulness is what You
want from me

Brokenness, brokenness is what I long for
Brokenness, is what I need
Brokenness, brokenness is what You
want from me

No comments: