Saturday, May 19, 2007

The long bike ride

Today i came home from work (got off on the dot this whole week!) and hit the road. Sry 2miles for pontanging cell today, but it was one of those "be alone" days and i needed time alone to recharge. Plus i had char kway teow and alot of sugar today so i was feeling incredibly urgh.

Today i think i did almost 20 clicks and boy did my butt hurt, even with padded pants. My route was from home, down commonwealth ave all the way till clementi ave 6, then a left down the road pass NUS till i reached west coast park. I looped west coast park then headed for lab park then back up alexandra road pass queensway, church junction and then home. Shack man.

West Coast park brought back alot of fond memories and i havent been back there since dunno when. We had a churhc event there once, but it seems so distant now. I remember when i was 6 or 7 then, I used to stay at jurong east and some weekends my mom would cook stuff like bee hoon and pigs trotters and we'd head to west coast park for a picninc by the beach. Back then the beach was still there but now its marred by the container port grrrr. But the place made me feel warm and fuzzy and i thank God for my great parents. West coast park would be a nice place to bring a date too haha, so in future maybe hahaha.


After west coast was lab park and being friday i knew the cruise ship would leave the harbour, so i just hung around and waited for it. It was a marvelous sight man. The ship was HUGE and it just sailed past the harbour mouth. I havent been on a cruise for a long time now taht i think about it. I think i will go again one day, someday.

BANZAI! zzzzzzzzzz