Friday, September 11, 2009

A Pilgrimage of Faith

"God will either change the circumstances miraculously, or he will show us how to change the circumstances, or He will leave the circumstances as they are - and change us!"

Came across this line in Growing Deep in God (Edmund Chan)this morning and it is in relation to Abraham's pilgrimage of faith and the circumstances he faced along the way and how he believed in God in spite of all that. The moral of the story wasn't how great a man of faith Abraham was, rather it was how awesome and faithful our God is.

Through this season of weary trudging, I can really identify with it and to just walk each day at a time by faith and not by sight. I used to pray alot for a change of the circumstances, but I now surrender and submit to the sovereign will of God that the unchanging circumstances are not a rejection by God but just His desire to change me. In submission I find the freedom to trust God and rest in Him no matter what rages on around and this is really the peace that surpasses all understanding because I know that if my God is for me, who can be against me.

No comments: