Sunday, January 04, 2009

More of You

This post marks the end of a long break from work when I worked a grand total of 4.5 days over the last 2 weeks. Tomorrow I'll be back to my job in the new year, busy with tidying up and handing over the last bits of my portfolio and managing the transition of outstanding issues. I've got several projects that I'll need to complete in the meantime as well. Will work for another 6 more weeks before I head up to KL for my 1 week Shell Life course, and good ol KL Hokkien Mee haha.

The year has been good thus far and lately, Ive been stirred in my spirit for more of God, to experience more of Him in 2009. Sure there'll be things to do and growth to aim for, but my heart's desire is to really know Him so much more, to taste and see for myself that He is good. I desire more than knowing about Him and I want to experience His presence throughout my days, to commune with Him and have Him direct my path according to His will. I desire to seek that dunamis power that the gospel promises, that my life might be transformed and to be able to testify of that impact and to allow others to have a tangible experience of the power of the gospel. Paul says in Acts 1:16 that he isnt ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God for the salvation of those who believe. And the reason why he could boldly proclaim the gospel was because he experienced its power and knew without a doubt that this was the real deal.

So I'm planning to just remember all that God has done for me and in me and I'm sure that at the end, I'll have a really powerful testimony to share. Also I'm gonna crave for more of Him, to walk in the supernatural, to leap off the cliff in faith and to really ask that He let me get out of the boat and onto the water. This is my prayer for 2009.

"I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!" Phil 3:10-11

No comments: