Monday, September 08, 2008

Work

Mom's condition has been the same since Saturday and sometimes its rather disheartening. But as I look at her, I learn to yield the time for her recovery to God and to see with eyes of faith that there is healing at work though it doesn't seem apparent in the physical.

I've rejected the offer to move to the bank and I've asked for a one year sabbatical from Shell. My boss has been understanding but that option will have to be approved by HR. To get a replacement is pretty tough right now and I'll probably be expected to carry on with my present job till the end of the year before i can effectively hand over. But I'm able to work virtually and unless there's a need for face to face interaction, I'll probably work at home or at the hospital. Boss has also offered me the option to work part time, with a 50% reduction in pay and jobscope to have the flexibility to support Ma through her rehabilitation and that'll give me some continuity in the job.

So I'm praying for wisdom to decide and to trust God for His direction and provision even though this trying season.

2 comments:

Kaye said...

hey hey dear.. i think u are really doing great.. dun worry abt all teh small things for surely God has his own plans for u and ur family. hang in there and may u alwasy lean unto His strength. he will surely carry you through. :)

lionel said...

hey jellied, thanks for the encouragement. eh leave a name leh haha