Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Hope

My harddisk was acting up over the weekend so I decided to get a new one to back it up before all the data goes kaput. Bought a new 500GB Seagate Barracuda drive and since I couldnt find my old XP OS, I relunctantly had to downgrade to Vista haha. So been busy over the last couple of days installing and backing up my drives so now I have a combined storage space of a whopping three quarters of a terabyte (750GB). I'm wondering how I am ever gonna use up all that space. Vista seems to be working fine, its definitely more swanky and I could upgrade my sound card drivers, to maximise all that X-Fi goodness. Music never sounded so crisp and clear :)

Ok nuff geekspeak. Mom's the same as usual, maybe I should stop saying same and only post if theres a difference haha. But even though it may not be apparent, I believe God is healing her bit by bit within and I thank God for every single new day. This afternoon while testing my new soundcard drivers, I worshipped to At the Foot of the Cross and I realeased all the accumulated burdens and weariness in the presence of God and I weeped so freely at the comfort and embrace of the Holy Spirit. Truly He is Emmanuel. I've also taken a step to explore moving in the direction of full time ministry. There's no specific call, but this incident has stirred within me a hunger and passion to serve God at a different level, to pursue a life of eternal significance and to just lay everything temporal aside.

A beautiful verse that Dad shared with me last week really hit home, that one day all the suffering, wealth, joy will be eclipsed by the new life we will have in God. That day holds promise that everything will be made new and it is the believer's hope, irregardless of his current circumstance.

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. Rev 21: 3-4

1 comment:

Imago Dei said...

bro i just prayed tt God will open the right doors for u, and slam the ones he doesn't want for u shut. take yr time with this decision man, Godly desires are always distilled with time. don't let it be knee-jerk (just in case tt is). i'm very clear tt my first calling is in the private sector, but then again i have a hefty loan to pay off. all the best bro!