Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mistakes

Im really not meticulous at all. I hate to check my work. When it involves huge amounts of quantitative data, something is bound to go wrong. Today it did.

Was supposed to extract a bunch of figures and make some calculations. This is more or less the kind of stuff I do daily cause computers arent that smart, yet. So yeah I did it and it was a real pain. Since i didnt enjoy it, I tried to get it over and done with asap and tried to do it in the most "efficient" way. In the end I left out some figures and it distorted the information and it was sent out. That was Monday.

So today got a few queries on the numbers cause it didnt match. Did abit of checking and realised that I messed up. Worse of all, the list sent to all the managers, piangs haha. Oh well, lesson learnt. But I still don't like checking haha.

Tomorrow I'll get my cert, after 3.5 years in SMU. Should be interesting to see it after all this while. Got a telecon in 5 mins zzz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

argh. this reminds me of that sickening feeling of making a mistake and having my boss stare at me. like when presenting data to bigger bosses.

Imago Dei said...

accounting sucks. SUCKS.