Friday, February 15, 2008

Life In General

Just got back from a supper after GLI with the group. It was a nice way to spend vday, though im not really a sentimental person. It just felt like any other day with a slight tinge of novelty. We were at Holland Coffee Club and the whole Village was CROWDED. I thank God that I feel incredibly secure and whole in my singleness, as I've struggled with the desire for companionship on and off for awhile and like the who's to like feeling. But was reminded on Sunday when Ps Lim went through the Sermon on the Mount, that really all these things, we dont have to worry about. Very basic, but sometimes things seem too big and insurmountable.

Work has been really taxing. I know everyone comments how slack I seem, but its really cause I choose not to show a "shack-face" haha. Its great to knock off early, not having to stay back to show that you're working. But when im at work its really intense, given the tight reporting deadlines and that I'm still trying to grasp the nitty gritty of the job. Theres really so much to learn and remember.Well at least im being stretched. Think a coule of nights ago i was so stressed that i couldnt sleep that night cause of all the adrenaline and stress in my body. It spilled over till the next day and I was a zombie by 4. So its difficult at times, yet I have a great experience at work and im really blessed with everything around me.

Today during GLI Ps Lim taught about spiritual gifts and how all of us actually have access to the gifts through the Holy Spirit. Most significantly, was the concept of incarnation - in which God works through US! So the exercising of the gifts is both a supernatural and natural process in which who we are and what we are going through influences the message that God speaks through us. I was greatly encouraged during the practical part when Ps Lim encourage us to share the impressions we got from God and how everything fits together as god reveals differently to different people. Its something really powerful to be sensitive to God and to exercise these gifts for the edification and encouragement of the body of Christ. I hope to be able to practice it in my life, in church as well as in the workplace, to really "see" what God is doing and how i can be a vessel to share the love of God. Also learnt the gifts aren't really for the super spiritual alone but for anyone who is willing and its something I believe we can encourage our young people to yearn for and RAGE will definitely be strengthened and dynamic as we flow in the anointing and power of the Holy Spirit.

So thats life generally and its been a struggle daily, with fatigue and my spiritual life. Need to learn to cut down on extraneous and unnecessary activity, to simplify and to set time aside for whats really important - being in the presence fo God daily. Want to grow i my sensitivity and intimacy in the months to come and to somehow help my CMs and boys do so too.

No comments: