Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Insomnia

2 days in a row i cannot sleep, bahhh!!! Toss and turn till my pillow's super hot, now i really cant take it so im ranting on this post.

Finally managed to clear the whole backlog of work that I could have done in 1 day but sat on it for a week. A project is in the pipeline and i've finally got meaningful research to do. I feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins again after 4 weeks of existing. But its a little too late as this internship is drawing to a close.

Reflecting back, this internship has been much of a blessing, in spite of all the times ive complained about it. It allowed me a glimpse of a small part of the merger and acquisition deal process; revealed the lack of work-life balance of the Transactions department; reinforced my desire not to work in the Big 4 accounting firms(for now at least). Also got to know a great bunch of colleagues who took time to coach and teach me, and working with them was a real joy. The end is in sight and its been an ardous 15 weeks, jolly glad its finally ending.

Looking forward to my holidays: Perhentian Islands next week and Cambodia in 3 weeks time. Think the break should do me some good and hopefully i dont contract dengue along the way.

I WANT TO SLEEP!!!! Think i should wean myself of double espressos for this week at least.

Hmm on an random endnote, i really enjoyed the movie Insomnia.

No comments: