Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Stay the course

My present station in life kinda made me recall my sailing days. When sailing, in order to get from one point to another, i had fix my eyes on a point of reference in the horizon and sailed towards it in order to stay on course. Having done so, it was still impossible to sail in a straight line as the currents and winds casued me to drift. I guess life is like that and sometimes i get blown off course and it is frustrating. But the point in the horizon is home and a victors crown awaits at the end of the race no matter how far we drift, that if we fix our eyes on Him, we will be able to stay the course no matter waht the circumstances - favourable or unfavourable.

Life kinda sucks now. Nothing seems to be going right and its bleak man. But my dad used to remind me of this scripture by Habakkuk.

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights." (3:17-19)

No comments: